Maddux is a handsome, versatile, flexible, unique, and responsive WordPress theme for blogs, news, and magazine style websites. Designed to be incredibly easy to use and with a modern style to complement your text, photos, videos, music, and other content in a way that keeps readers engaged and returning to your site.
- Responsive design – Your website will look just as gorgeous on mobile phones and tablets
- Light & Dark Skins – Maddux was designed to look beautiful with the lights on or with the lights off (so to speak). From the admin section, easily change between light and dark.
- Preset Color Schemes – If you don’t have the time, creativity, or patience to create your own color scheme, feel free to get started with one of the several that we provide.
- Shortcode Generator – Generate stylish, immersive content with a very user-friendly shortcode generator, and without needing to know a hint of HTML
- Blog Shortcode(s) – Create unique, dynamic, handsome layouts (from traditional layouts, to masonry layouts, to sliders) using our blog shortcodes.
- Extensive customization options – A modern design that still leaves room for leaving your mark.
- Unlimited Sidebars – Need a completely different set of sidebar widgets for individual pages/posts? It’s easy, and no additional plugins are required.
- Custom backgrounds – Choose from one of the provided patterns or upload your own. And if you do know a little CSS, add your own enhancements site-wide or on specific pages/posts.
- Branding Options – Upload your own logo or use Google Web fonts along with unlimited color choices and text shadows.
- Speaking of Google fonts – there are literally hundreds to choose from to outfit your website.
- 15 Custom Widgets – From standard advertisement sizes to Facebook “Like” buttons, this theme is move-in ready.
- Localization support – Make Staggerly your own (or prepare it for a client) using the included .po/.mo files
- User-friendly Documentation – Because you shouldn’t have to be a rocket scientist to operate your website.
- Disqus comment integration – As simple as typing your Disqus shortname and clicking a button!
If you have questions related to our theme, head over to our dedicated support forum and we’ll get you squared away.
We try to answer all questions within 48 hours (Monday thru Friday – US Eastern timezone).
Version 1.5.3 (June 20, 2015)
- Fix: Disqus comment counter no longer removes comment icon
- Fix: Facebook “like” count now updates properly after Facebook’s recent API change (Facebook & Twitter Follower widget)
Version 1.5.1 (June 3, 2015)
- Update: Better CSS rules for “Blog Widget” shortcode (horizontal layout) when using a smaller image
- Fix: “Blog Slider” widget now works properly with multi-word categories
Version 1.5.0 (May 17, 2015)
- New: Mega Menus! See instructions here
- New: More/better options for choosing “related posts”
- New: “Lightbox Gallery” shortcode now has an option to set specific image sizes
- New: Option to enable alt text for featured images
- New: Ability to filter @replies and retweets when using the Twitter plugin
- Fix: Several bug fixes/enhancements
Version 1.4.3 (April 26, 2015)
- Security Update: TGM Activation plugin security update
- New: Better support for Youtube URL attributes (start time, end time, etc)
- New: Better support for Microformats
- New: Option to use button (instead of auto-load on scroll) with Infinite Scroll, as well as options (via Theme Options or Blog shortcode) to use custom button text
- Fix: Infinite Scroll loading issue
- Fix: Minor bug fixes/enhancements
April 14, 2015 – Version 1.4
- New: sticky navigation
- New: “back to top” button
- New: option to use video embed codes for video posts (previously was limited to Youtube, Vimeo, and self-hosted videos)
- Update/Fix: blog loop files and widget files are now “included” in a way that is compatible with child themes
- …and a few other minor updates and fixes
March 23, 2015 – Version 1.3.5
- New: basic support for bbPress
- New: “Sort order” setting for “(TS) Blog Mini” widget
- New: option to enable/retain html in post excerpts
- New: Pause/Resume buttons for carousel sliders
- New: Youtube & Vimeo videos within carousel sliders are now automatically paused when the slider rotates
- New: Infinite Scrolling now works on archive pages as well
- Fix: callout shortcode “button_color” attribute now works with hex colors
March 2, 2015 – Version 1.3
- New: ability to set custom carousel slider height on pages
- New: “show if…” and “hide if…” shortcodes
- New: separate options for page/post title bar visibility
February 24, 2015 – Version 1.2.2
- Fix: CSS for (un)responsive Google ads in sidebar
- Fix: The ability to hide featured media using the “Blog Widget” shortcode was broken
- New: Option to exclude certain categories from blog loop
- New: Option to show sidebar below content (instead of beside) on tablet-sized devices
- New: more control over social sharing options on single posts
February 18, 2015 – Version 1.2.1
- Updated: documentation
- Bug fix: multiple blog categories in main carousel slider
- Bug fix: broken page preview for some users
- Bug fix: dynamic stylesheet when WP core is installed in different directory
- New: archive.php support for custom taxonomies
- New: social sharing links on single posts now support Yoast SEO
- New: support for Yoast SEO breadcrumbs
- New: option to use widgetized area in header (next to logo) instead of social links / search
- New: social links widget
- New: centered logo option
- New: centered main menu option
- Compatibility Update: woocommerce 2.3.x
February 12, 2015 – Version 1.1
- General bug fixes
- Fix: better support for Youtube and Vimeo videos in the main slider
- Fix: ability to choose blog categories to show in sliders (was glitchy in previous versions)
- New: slider options to choose specific blog posts
- New: slider shortcodes now accept videos
- New: support for Slider Revolution added
- New: Blog Slider widget added
- New: Blog Mini widget added
February 10, 2015 – Version 1.0.2
- Fix: page title spacing glitch
- Added: theme option to set default behavior for showing/hiding breadcrumbs on pages and posts
- Modification: ajax calls now use native WP ajax functionality (route through admin-ajax.php)
- Customer Request: Added new option (beta) to show page view count within title bar meta area on posts
Categories: Premium Wordpress Themes
Sorry, comments are closed for this item.